Trump leaves hospital after three days of COVID-19 treatment, returns to white house


United States President Donald Trump 
has left the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and return to the White House.

Trump had earlier posted that he will leaving the hospital where he is being treated for COVID-19 later on Monday.

The US President said that he feels better than he did 20 years ago.

Trump was taken to the military hospital after showing some symptoms of the novel coronavirus.

The president and his wife, Melania Trump tested positive for the virus last Thursday, after a White House aide got infected.

He said his administration has developed “really great” drugs against the coronavirus, and urged people not to let it dominate their life.

“I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid,” Trump wrote.

“Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!”

The 74-year-old, who was initially in quarantine at the White House, was taken to the hospital for treatment out of “caution.”

He was feared to stand a great risk as his age falls within the most vulnerable among coronavirus patients.

On Sunday, his medical team said he had received supplemental oxygen before being admitted in the hospital.

Moreover, they have maintained he has been responding to treatment and is in no critical condition.

In a briefing on Monday, his physicians at the hospital said he “continues to do very well” and has been strong enough to carry out his official duties from the hospital.


The US president had on Sunday left the hospital to greet his supporters in a short drive without leaving his car.

While defending himself over criticisms that trailed his actions, Trump said he would have been tagged “rude” if he never came out.


“It is reported that the Media is upset because I got into a secure vehicle to say thank you to the many fans and supporters who were standing outside of the hospital for many hours, and even days, to pay their respect to their President,” he wrote via Twitter, adding: “If I didn’t do it, Media would say RUDE!!!”

Meanwhile, a plexiglass divider will separate Mike Pence and Kamala Harris during Wednesday night’s vice presidential debate, Politico reports.

The addition of a physical barrier is the latest change in safety protocol for the debate, following the major outbreak of Covid-19 among members of the Trump administration and campaign. Pence and Harris will also be positioned further apart – 13 feet rather than the seven feet that were initially planned.

Subscribe to TMZ Naija

To receive alert from TMZ Naija, Adverts Placement, Stories & more, Contact via Whatsapp: 07032803990, email [email protected]

No comments: