Death toll from Lagos collapsed building rises


The death toll from the collapsed building in Obalende, Lagos has risen to eight.

The uncompleted building had collapsed on Sunday with an official saying four people had been confirmed dead.

However, the Director-General of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, has now confirmed that seven people have died in the collapsed building.

Oke-Osanyintolu made the confirmation as the LASEMA Response Team tried to clear the debris of the building.

He said that the uncompleted building, at 60 Odo Street, Obalende, Eti-Osa Local Government Area, partially collapsed and injured 15 people.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria that 10 victims were treated with minor injuries and five severely injured persons exhumed from the remains were transferred to hospital.

Oke-Osanyintolu said that seven fatalities were discovered, six male and one female.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the body of another male victim was later discovered, bringing the total number of fatalities to eight.

Subscribe to TMZ Naija

To receive alert from TMZ Naija, Adverts Placement, Stories & more, Contact via Whatsapp: 07032803990, email [email protected]

No comments: